Quickstep has a 16,000 sqm state of the art aerospace composite manufacturing plant at Bankstown Airport in south-west Sydney, New South Wales, which is which is accredited to international AS9100 Rev C/ISO9001:2000 quality standards.
In June 2011 the facility received Qualified Part List (QPL) qualification from Northrop Grumman Corporation as part of Quickstep's participation in the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter manufacturing program.
These facilities position Quickstep as Australia's largest independent advanced composite manufacturer, capable of almost all facets of aerospace and defence composite manufacturing contract work.
- Production engineering, manufacture and testing of advanced composite components to aerospace and defence-quality standards
- Full Catia V5 R22 with CPD workbench for composite ply development integrated with manufacturing and testing equipment
- Very high accuracy 5 Axis Breton Milling Machine - Bed 4.5m x 2.5m x 1.5m - Tolerance ±7 microns/m and 1 Breton 5 Axis Milling Machine - Bed 8m x 3.5m x 1.3m.
- Coordinate Measuring Machines - Wenzel 1.5m x 2.5m x 1.2m - Wenzel 3m x 6m x 2m
- NDT Ultrasonic inspection, 2 axis NDT, TT and UT and 10 axis NDT and TT
- Two 8x3m autoclaves
- One 5.2x13.5m autoclave
- One batch oven 2x3x7m
- Over 2,200 sqm of clean room with lasers
- Three ply cutters
- Three spray paint booths, one prep booth & one cure oven
- Quickstep out-of-autoclave curing machine.
- Instron 5982 including climatic chamber 100KN
- Dynamic Mechanical Analysis Mettler Toledo
- Olympus Microscope with camera
- Polisher Grinder
- Platen Press
- Lockheed Approved Test Laboratory
For more information on our composites manufacturing capabilities, download our Capability Statements below or Contact Us:
Click here to see Quickstep Composites Manufacturing - Quad Chart & detailed Capability Statement
|One of our Autoclaves||Breton High Accuracy 5 Axis Machine||Workstation & Projector Laser|
|Non Destructive Test Plant||Ply Cutter||Quickstep QS 250 Production Plant|
|Laying up carbon fibre||Wenzel CMM||A patented "Quickstep